Recipe - Sesame Prawn Toasts

I'd been craving these for absolutely ages, and finally got around to making them again for the first time in years, for Chinese New Year.  I had intended on writing a more fuller blog post about my meal and what we had to eat - but as tends to happen in this madhouse, it all went a bit pearshaped.  We ate these as a side dish with chicken and vegetables cooked in a sauce consisting of sherry, chicken stock, ginger, garlic, soy sauce and ground up Star Anise and boiled rice.  Very tasty!

Cooked King Prawns, spring onion, egg white and cornflour paste - processed

Lightly toast the bread

Spread onto the toasted bread

Sprinkle with sesame seeds and press down firmly so they stick

Deep fry, seed side down until golden

½ tbsp cornflour
½ egg white
150g cooked prawns - I used King
Spring onions, chopped
1 tbsp ginger
splash of soy sauce
splash of sesame oil
4 slices white bread, toasted lightly
sesame seeds

Mix cornflour with the egg white.

Finely chop the prawns and the spring onions and combine with the egg white. Add the ginger, soy sauce and oil.  Use a food processor to get a smooth paste.
 
Lightly toast some bread and spread on the mixture. Cover with sesame seeds and press firmly. Deep fry for a few minutes, seed side down, until golden and brown.

 

Comments

  1. these look yummy can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They tasted better than they look - presentation not my strong point, sadly ;-)

      Delete
  2. always wondered how you made those! thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments, so if you should stop by, just give a little wave to me and be sure to say 'Hi!' :-)

I know, I know... poetry also not my strong point...