Recipe - Grilled Chicken Tikka Naans

Time to dust down the George (Foreman) and start on Recipe Retry #2.  The amounts shown are for two, Mr G and I have big appetites.  I don't eat a lot during the day, I rarely eat breakfast because I don't find it 'kickstarts my metabolism' - as is bandied about - instead that once I start eating, even if it's just a piece of toast - I'm not able to stop grazing all day.  My evening meal is my time to enjoy food, so it's usually a decent sized meal.  It's what works for me, anyway!

Ingredients:
388g Chicken breast
Four Tesco Light Choices Mini Naan Bread
Mango Chutney
Mint leaves, chopped
1 tsp vegetable oil

For the Marinade (whizzed up in a food processor)
75g Natural Yogurt
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1½ tsp tomato puree
½ tsp Mint Jelly (not sauce)
1 tbsp Tandoori Masala
½ tsp Curry powder
½ tsp Cumin (ground)
½ tsp Garam Masala
1 red chilli, deseeded
60 ml Skimmed milk
* Cheat - You could just mix some Patak's Tikka Curry paste into some low fat Natural Yogurt ;-)

For the Honey and Mint Raita
200 ml Natural Yogurt
Salt - if required, I don't use it
¾ tsp Mint Sauce (not jelly - the sauce gives a sharpness to contrast with the sweetness of the honey)
1 tbsp Honey
Cucumber, diced
Pinch of chilli powder, to decorate

Method:


Blend the marinade ingredients together in a food processor and then cover the chicken breasts in a shallow dish.



Place in the fridge for a few hours.  Begin to prepare the Raita.

In a bowl, whisk together the yogurt, honey, mint, salt (if using) and when combined add in the diced cucumber.  Sprinkle with chilli powder.  Place in the fridge until ready to eat.


Place the chicken over a rack on an oven tray and cook for 25 - 30 minutes.  Remove to a plate and let cool.

Heat up a George Foreman/Health type grilling machine.  Place the Naan bread on a plate and brush one side with oil.



Turn the Naan bread oil-side down and spread on the mango chutney.  Lay the chicken on top of the chutney.



Top the sandwich with the other mini Naan bread, and place on a fully heated health grill.


Cooking time - to your own judgement.  You'll want the Naan breads charred... I have a grill that you can adjust the height of the press which is great for making pressed sandwiches.



This was absolutely gorgeous - eaten with a knife and fork of course!   Mr G asked if we could have it again tomorrow, so that means a resounding 'result'!

The entire meal (pointed by Weight Watchers esource) was 25 Propoints per portion (serves 2) - including the Indian Snacks and homemade Honey and Mint Raita. 

Comments

  1. This so cool. It looks absolutely scrumptious. :). That's for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, it was lovely. The naans were soft on the inside and crispy on the outside, I can't wait to make them again :-)

      Delete
  2. Here from the blog hop. Sounds and looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! I could eat it again now. I'm fading away here... :-( Ok, that's not quite true but I am hungry.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments, so if you should stop by, just give a little wave to me and be sure to say 'Hi!' :-)

I know, I know... poetry also not my strong point...