Book - Accidentally on Purpose Trilogy by L.D Davis

This isn't a review, per se.  Because I can't review books to save my life.  I am an avid reader, I like a wide spectrum of genres, and once in a while a book comes along and tugs at your heart.  Makes you cry.  This is only the third book ever that has been able to bring me to tears (the other two being Audrey Niffenegger's Time Traveler's Wife' and Carole Matthews' 'Let's Meet on Platform 8').


May contain a few spoilers so don't carry on if you intend to read it, but without giving too much away this is the story of a love triangle between Emmy, Luke and Kyle, and everyone involved in it gets to tell their side of the story.  Of course, the further into the books you get, and you're getting everyone's side of the story, the more you realise why things happened.   The sex scenes are often and quite hot, but for those of you who found the recent obsession with S&M just a little bit too much, it's as vanilla as it comes.  Don't get me wrong, I've read and enjoyed a few of these books, but I don't want to read it in every book either - surely some people still have normal sex lives?

My heart broke for every one of the main characters at some point in the trilogy.  But I like that they all got their 'Happy Ever After'.   This is for everyone who has been in love with someone they shouldn't have been, for everyone who has ever hurt someone they loved, everyone who has loved two people at once, and for everyone who likes to see true love prevail, against any odds.

Awwwwwwww!

I bought this trilogy for my Kindle for a bargainous £3.13 from Amazon here (price correct at the time of printing), my sister in law bought it on my recommendation, and she can't put it down either.   The books are all available individually too.

Have any books ever moved you to tears?  If so, let me know in the comments below.  I like a challenge ;-)

M x

Comments