Lucky Man!

Mr G is back.  Not back home, but back in the land of the living, and more importantly, back to his usual mischief making self... Knew the silence wouldn't last...

However!  He spoke to the Surgeon who performed his op this morning about how it had gone.

Surgeon:  So, when did you have your appendix out?  I can't see any mention of it in your notes?

Mr G:  I haven't had my appendix out.

Surgeon:  Well, it's not there...

*Silence*

*Tumbleweeds*

*Church bell chiming in the distance*

Mr G:  Um.  Where is it then?

Surgeon:  It's likely that it has ruptured, and with you having this problem with the gallbladder at the same time you won't have realised... but if that is what has happened, you are a very lucky man to still be here.  It's probably a good job that you're so big and strong otherwise...

Sheesh! 

I got this text from him this morning...

Normal service has been resumed...

I can just imagine him, lying there watching the scene, tittering to himself.  The little sod he is. 

They are going to keep him in today, and hopefully all being well, he can come home tomorrow.  I can't wait for him to be back, I am completely useless without him.  Well, we're both useless without each other.  We are, admittedly, one of those sickening couples who are amazing together, a force to be reckoned with, but apart, we're just wandering around aimlessly, desperate to get back to each other.  And I don't care either, I like it that way.  Wouldn't have it or him any other way.  Miss him so much :-(  The next couple of weeks are going to be tough, but I've nursed him through much bigger recoveries than this.  May have to put my birthday celebrations on hold for a few weeks but that's a small price to pay if that means that he's fit and healthy again.  He's had about 6 years now of constant ill health, and I really hope that this is now the end of it for him.  I want my husband back :-)

M x

Comments