Indian Summer

We had a week of exceptionally nice weather.  When the kids have gone back to school. As standard. Indian Summer is good but just good ol' fashioned Summer would have sufficed!  It's changed by now, of course, but I have been under the weather and the Blogger app mangled my post, and dragging my sorry backside upstairs to edit it on my computer was too much like hard work.

We saw our last Crusaders home match this season, last Sunday.  They lost against York by 2 points.  Some shocking decisions by the worst ref I have ever seen, and the linesmen weren't much better either. Mr G commented as much on their Facebook page, and I had to laugh when another supporter likened them to Eric Pollard from Emmerdale and Sherman from American Pie.  The Ref was actually booed off to a chorus of 'You are the worst ref in the league'.  Luckily the other result went for us so, last crucial game this weekend up at Newcastle Thunder.  We also bought our season tickets for next year, which we decided would be our Christmas present to each other this year, under 16's season tickets are free, Cait and Beth also have one and we've applied online for the boys, as we can't expect Mum to babysit them every home game.  They're going to have to suck it up and do something I like for 80 minutes once in a while. They have enough done for them!  Short of breathing for them, chewing their food and wiping their backsides, they have very little else to do...


Mr G, me, Cait and Beth


Quite impressed with this picture of the kick


Standing ovation after their last home game


Final Score #wewasrobbed

September seems to be flying by as well.  I'm at a complete standstill at the moment, in limbo.  I have so many plans, but so little motivation and a *drumroll* mystery illness *cymbal clash*.  I haven't been 100% all year really, I had two either really bad colds or it was actually flu earlier on in the year, within weeks of each other.  Completely knocked me for six.  After I recovered from this, every morning since, when I wake up, I sneeze, my nose streams, my nostrils itch - sounds like hayfever or some kind of allergy?  So I started taking an antihistamine every morning.  Which worked to a point, then it stopped.  It's taking hours for it to even out in the morning, and then at night, it starts again.  I am absolutely wiped out physically, for the last three days I haven't even been able to get the most basic of housework tasks done.  It feels like flu... but it's not flu.  My limbs ache, my muscles ache, my bones ache.  My head is racing constantly, with 17 million different things, but I can't pick one to focus on, or to concentrate on before my mind is off again.  Mr G wants me to go to the Doctors on Monday, but I know I'll probably have to give blood, so that's me out.  I'm not going to Google anything because the last time I did that I went from mild headache to clinically dead in three clicks.  Mr G is being fab, he's really looking after me, I've had flowers, cream cakes, he's made food, but I know he is in a worse place than me health wise, so I feel really guilty about that.  Think I'm just going to have to woman up.  But probably not today...

The next thing on the agenda is getting Dan moved into his room in Halls in Bangor, next Saturday.  He's had his timetable for Freshers week, and by timetable, read pub crawls and go karting and then more pub crawls.  He handed me the timetable and I read it out in front of him and his friend Jonny.

Me:  Oooooh!  Tour de Bangor!  Can I come with you, Dan?  I haven't been out to Bangor for about 4 years...
Dan: Sure...
Me: There's only 19 years between us, it is possible that I could be your big sister, right?
Jonny: You could actually pass as Dan's sister...
Me:  Awwwwwwwwwww!  Thanks Jonny!  That's made my day, nay, week that!
Jonny: ... because Dan looks about fifty...
Me: Thanks...

Botox it is then. 

Comments